Requisition ID: req515
Job Title: Athletics - Women's Volleyball Head Coach
Department: Other - Student Services
Location: Main Campus
Employment Type: Temporary
Bargaining Unit: NON UNION
Henry Ford College (HFC) is a comprehensive public college located in Dearborn, Michigan that serves 19,042 students annually. Founded in 1938, it continues to be dedicated to preparing students for a rapidly changing world and workplace by offering more than 120 associate degrees, career and university transfer programs and a Bachelor Degree in Science in Culinary & Hospitality Studies.
Henry Ford College offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive benefits for full-time faculty, administrative, and staff positions. Please see collective bargaining agreements for details at https://www.hfcc.edu/human-resources.
Head Coach (Various Sports)
The Head Coach provides leadership and direction for a competitive intercollegiate program at Henry Ford College (HFC). HFC operates its athletic program with integrity and in full compliance with institutional, conference and National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) guidelines. HFC sponsors seven sports at the NJCAA Division II level and competes in the Michigan Community College Athletic Association (MCCAA) Eastern Conference. Current sport teams are: baseball, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, men’s golf, softball, women’s volleyball, and men’s wrestling. This is a part-time position, seasonal position.
- At least two years coaching experience at the high school or club level
- Valid Michigan driving license required.
- Coaching experience at the intercollegiate level
- Playing experience at the intercollegiate level
- Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations relating to recruitment and eligibility
1. Conduct program in compliance with HFC, MCCAA and NJCAA policies and procedures.
2. Recruit players and select team in accordance with the Steps To Become A Hawk.
3. Educate players on and hold them accountable for upholding ethical behavior and academic standards.
4. Assist team members with coordination of 2 hours of community service as necessary.
5. Develop and maintain a work schedule (administrative availability, practices and games).
6. Prepare non-conference schedule under the direction of the Athletic Director.
7. Ensure MCCAA and NJCAA regulations are upheld.
8. Attend appropriate MCCAA and NJCAA meetings and conferences as necessary.
9. Coordinate team roster with the Eligibility/Compliance Officer.
10. Assist in fundraising in support of the program.
11. Provide publicity information to the Athletic Director as necessary..
12. Plan for prevention of athletic-related injuries and properly care for and report injuries to the Athletic Trainer or Athletic Director.
13. Manage approved travel, supplies and scholarship budgets.
14. Plan for appropriate equipment and supplies to be available prior to the start of the season.
15. Inventory, issue and collect equipment.
16. Arrange travel, food and lodging for away events with the assistance of the Athletic Director.
17. Maintain team statistics and complete statistical entries via NJCAA and MCCAA requirements..
18. Manage assistant coach(es).
19. Complete other duties as assigned.
For applicants viewing this ad from an external site, please go to https://hr.hfcc.edu/ and click the "Jobs" link to apply.
For further information about HFC, please visit us at www.hfcc.edu or on Facebook, https://www.hfcc.edu/facebook, Twitter, https://twitter.com/hfcc, LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/company/henry-ford-college.