Requisition ID: req87
Job Title: Adjunct Faculty - Mathematics
Location: Main Campus
Employment Type: Temporary
Bargaining Unit: AFO
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: 41.99 - 43.80
Schedule: Hours may vary based on schedule.
Henry Ford College (HFC) is a comprehensive public college located in Dearborn, Michigan that serves 19,042 students annually. Founded in 1938, it continues to be dedicated to preparing students for a rapidly changing world and workplace by offering more than 120 associate degree, career and university transfer programs and a Bachelor Degree in Science in Culinary & Hospitality Studies.
Henry Ford College offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive benefits for full-time faculty, administrative, and staff positions. Please see collective bargaining agreements for details at https://hr.hfcc.edu/employee-groups.
Adjunct Faculty – Mathematics
Henry Ford College invites applications for part-time Mathematics faculty positions.
Earned Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Mathematics required OR earned Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in Mathematics required.
- Uphold the best scholarly and ethical standards of his or her discipline.
- Make a reasonable effort to participate in professional development activities in order to identify and implement effective teaching strategies that foster student learning.
- Make a reasonable effort to foster honest academic conduct and ensure that his or her evaluations of students reflect each student’s performance.
- Demonstrate respect for students as individuals and foster a respectful atmosphere in the classroom or an online learning environment.
- Treat all students with respect and fairness without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, weight, height, marital status, familial status, protected disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief or any other status protected by law.
- Demonstrate mastery of course material, come to class prepared to teach the days lesson (including preparing all handouts, exams or other materials before the start of class), and present the material conscientiously.
- Teach course(s) in accordance with the description in the Course Master and in accordance with Department and/or standardized course policies. It is recognized that the methods, procedures, and interpretations of various instructors may differ.
- Make himself or herself available for student consultations and provide guidance to students to promote student learning and success.
- Meet all scheduled classes and final examinations as scheduled.
- Grade and return written work to students in a timely manner. Maintain appropriate records of students’ attendance, intermediate, and final grades; submit required reports to the appropriate office by the scheduled deadlines.
- Develop and distribute an effective course syllabus, following the guidelines of College policies and incorporating required elements of the course master; adhere to the written syllabus throughout the semester, within reasonable limits; participate in the College course evaluation process.
- Be informed of the Colleges support services for students and recommend their use, when advisable.
- Make every reasonable effort to attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Behave appropriately in dealing with students and staff so as to maintain a scholarly and professional atmosphere.
- Notify the Associate Dean as soon as possible if unable to meet scheduled class session; schedule personal vacations to coincide with the College.
- Responsible for performing, analyzing and reporting assessment of student learning.
Starting Hourly Rate: Salary placement may be based on academic background, vocational experience, and teaching experience depending on discipline and as documented in application materials.
For applicants viewing this ad from an external site, please go to https://hr.hfcc.edu/jobs to apply.
For further information about HFC, please visit us at www.hfcc.edu or on Facebook,www.hfcc.edu/facebook, Twitter, www.twitter.com/hfcc, LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/company/henry-ford-college.