Requisition ID: req517
Job Title: Sustainability Coordinator
Department: Buildings and Grounds
Location: Main Campus
Employment Type: Regular
Bargaining Unit: 71
Compensation Type: Salary
Compensation Range: $ 79,026.00 - 87,761.00
Schedule: M-F 8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
Henry Ford College (HFC) is a comprehensive public college located in Dearborn, Michigan that serves 19,042 students annually. Founded in 1938, it continues to be dedicated to preparing students for a rapidly changing world and workplace by offering more than 120 associate degrees, career and university transfer programs and a Bachelor Degree in Science in Culinary & Hospitality Studies.
Henry Ford College offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive benefits for full-time faculty, administrative, and staff positions. Please see collective bargaining agreements for details at https://www.hfcc.edu/human-resources.
Position Description Summary
The Sustainability Coordinator, oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific projects as related to the College’s Integrated Energy Master Plan (*IEMP), which will reduce overall energy usage and improve the long-term sustainability of the College.
· BS in construction, engineering or a related field. Will consider equivalent experience and education.
· Experience managing projects in an institutional environment.
· Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Facilities with knowledge of building controls (JCI Metasys), building automation systems and operations.
· Experience in electrical and/or mechanical engineering
· Extensive knowledge of HVAC equipment and systems, electrical systems and plumbing systems.
· Demonstrated ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets.
· Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize projects.
· Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment.
· Must possess the desire and ability to work cooperatively, effectively, and responsibly with College faculty and staff in a multi- cultural environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience project planning and management.
· PMP certifications preferred.
Planning the project
· Define the scope of individual projects in collaboration with senior management, engineers, and consultants.
· Create short- and long-range development plans, including project timelines out to 5-10 years range.
· Develop and finalize technical specifications for projects with the assistance of professional advisors and technical staff. Consultation and concurrence with all stakeholders required.
· Oversee preparation and approval of detailed technical specifications and bid documents.
· Create a detailed plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
· Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
· Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
· Review project schedules with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise schedules as required.
· Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
· Providing effective assistance in the procurement process – encompassing pre-qualification of contractors, release of bids, receipt and evaluation of bids and making appropriate recommendations to management.
· Initiating advance measures for site preparation for construction activities.
Staffing the project
· In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff with appropriate skills for the project activities.
· Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization
· Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the projects.
· Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as approved and as appropriate.
Implement the project
· Execute the project according to approved project plans.
· Develop forms and records to document project activities.
· Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
· Monitor the progress of the project and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
· Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders on the progress of the project.
· Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets project standards.
· Leading and supervising contractors and construction supervisors on site, ensuring they meet the highest standards expected and timely execution of different elements of the project.
Control the project
· Write reports on the project for management.
· Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures.
· Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures.
· Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date.
· Receive and maintain utility invoices and track per approved tracking apparatus and methodology.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans as needed.
· Work with consultants and engineers, review the material and procedures used by contractors for compliance with specifications.
· Assess the work of contractors periodically, measure the completed work and make recommendations to management regarding scheduling issues.
· Conduct periodic project review meetings and furnish weekly progress reports to management.
· Ensure that project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
· Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
*Henry Ford College’s IEMP, or Integrated Energy Master Plan, is a 20-yr initiative in which the College will reduce source energy consumption by 60% and water consumption by 40%. The program calls for the establishment of a new physical plant, a new, campus-wide heating distribution network, replacement or renewal of air handling units and building envelopes to global efficiency standards, new metering across campus, and global best practices in both energy education and the College’s own energy performance.
For applicants viewing this ad from an external site, please go to https://hr.hfcc.edu/ and click the "Jobs" link to apply.
For further information about HFC, please visit us at www.hfcc.edu or on Facebook, https://www.hfcc.edu/facebook, Twitter, https://twitter.com/hfcc, LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/company/henry-ford-college.